|CCA treated wood.|
CCA (chromated copper arsenate) treated wood is nasty, nasty stuff.
Arsenic is very toxic. It is an acute poison, a contact poison, a chronic cumulative poison, and a carcinogen. There is no part of arsenic that is not poisonous. This sample of treated lumber would make you very sick if you ate it. A treated lumber deck has enough arsenic to kill at least a hundred people, including you. Do not use acidic deck washes. Never, never burn treated lumber.
And shop at Menards: They have eliminated arsenic from their treated lumber two years before it is due to be banned.
Source: Hardware Store
Contributor: Theodore Gray
Acquired: 15 April, 2002